Villa d’Aiano is a little town where people spend their holidays among the greenery of woods and chestnuts. It was documented for the first time in 1025. The recently built church, which is dedicated to Santa Maria Assunta, is dated 1950, while the near bell tower is dated 1900. Inside there are two valuable paintings: one of the Eighteenth century painter Lorenzo Pranzini and the other of Giulio Cesare Ferrari. It was built to replace the church dedicated to Saint Nicolò. From that previous church it has the panoramic position and a nice isolated bell tower.